We found a block which we used to place the hand on, it had a whole in the top which allowed us to hide most the wires inside the block along with the mac. The projector was then placed in front of the handprint so people would not block the projector. We tested it for … More Final Set Up
This is an example of how our sketch when it was running with arduino.
Our original idea was to use 4 projectors, each projecting a different visualisation from different APIs (twitter, Instagram, flickr, etc). However, when creating the code for twitter and Instagram, we decided to only use two projectors. We were going to display these on opposite walls and have the capacitive sensor to change the speed of … More Projection and Room Test
We set up the arduino by following the instructions on the arduino website. At first it was not working properly as we needed a bigger resistor. To test it out, we used some copper tape in place of where the copper foil would be to see how it worked. We also needed to change the … More Testing the Arduino
We found a code for the capacitive sensor on the arduino website, however, it was created for three capacitive sensors we only wanted one. It was modified to work with one. This was the code that we uploaded onto the arduino:
We needed to add the code for the Arduino to work in processing with the capacitive sensor. For this to work, we had to import the arduino library into processing, this was done at the very top of the sketch. Also outside the sketch, we had to declare the integers for the arduino. The serial … More Sketch with Arduino
We completed the sketch and had it running how we wanted it to run, the only thing left to do was add in the code for the arduino and the capacitive sensor so we could alter the speed of the tweets and images being shown. This is the full code we used: By updating to … More Final Sketch